Monday, October 5, 2009

Project 2 Proposal

Unlike my idea for our first project, my thought for this project took much more thought. My favorite technique is drawing, so I thought of using this technique to convey range. Something that comes to mind when I think of range is taking an object and allowing the object to change, naturally. And something I thought would be interesting to see this change in and to capture it is flowers. The idea of drawing flowers stems from the given example of doing a still-life, but I want to capture the natural wilting of the flowers. Along with drawing, I wanted to use some color (watercolor) to emphasize life, and as the flowers wilt and their life diminishes, as does the color. I think this could look really nice and be a nice exploration/representation of something pretty becoming wilted, ugly and dead, an interesting juxtaposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment